Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Choir!

Tonight, my dears, is choir! I LOVE choir. I have an awesome instructor-person (that's you, Melanie) and a bunch of awesome fellow (oops, fella) choristers. We are preparing for a Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols and our Christmas Feast coming up sooner than I realize. (I realize I just realized that).
Tonight is "The (dreaded by the Aged P) Gathering" and we sing emotional songs, and listen to an emotional trauma-to-triumph story, and then we pray in emotional prayer circles. You should read the book called "Stuff Christians Like" by somebody whose name I can't remember. But it's a really good book. I should read it.
I started another blog on tumblr.com today. It's pretty exciting. Beginning stuff. The hard part is keeping it going. I've had this blog for almost two years, and I don't have very many posts.....Watch me try to keep up TWO blogs. What am I thinking?
I've started to read Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis (for the second time) and I'm in chapter 4! Last time I only got half way through chapter 1...
But I'm going through a Lois Lowry phase. It's really fun because I love her books.
Funny how I realize all the things I want to do the week before Finals, when I should be studying! Dear me.
Oh yes, my patent phrase is, "Oh my Gargoyles" (or "Oh my Gafinkes" which comes from using T9 texting on my cell phone trying to spell gargoyles).
I should probably work on the last two chapter summaries I need to have finished by Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Jacque, have I ever told you that you're hilarious and I love you? Well, I do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whelp, you probably have! And I love you too!

    ReplyDelete