Monday, November 1, 2010

A New Day

Yesterday was Refomation Day/All Saints Day/All Hallows Eve! Woke up bright and early (5:45am is EARLY), to get ready and get everything together because we (choir peoples) had to be at the church at 7:05am to set up and rehearse and robe for the Service at 8:00am. I tell you, I voted for the 11:00am service time! But no, everyone preferred to get up in the dark ('cause it's closing in on winter) and go to church in the fog (because that's what it does in the winter) and arrive in the cold! Anyways, even though we got up early and ready shortly after, we were STILL Tardy (that was our Third tardy this term...) but since I'm the Attendance Keeper, I'm the only one who knows that...I'll confess sometime (I'll tell you tomorrow, Melanie!). But everything went really well. Melanie did FABULOUSLY, and we did pretty good too. I was sweltering in my robe. Usually I'm really hot, but this time I was really, really hot. Like, sweltering! (pretty good word, huh?)
I actually studied for a while before the Feast! Rewrote a couple pages of econ notes. :D And I did my laundry...and then I decided at the last minute to go dressed up as a Wandering Minstrel...I had my clunker boots, leggins, a tunic, a cloak, and my (very necessary for a minstrel of any kind) instrument. A Ukulele. Missing two strings. Doesn't stay in tune. Didn't have if half the time because all the kids "wanted a turn." I prolly embarassed my whole family with my strummings. But it was fun! Yes, it was fun. Then we went to the Hall's house and watched a Martin Luther film (not a documentary!) and decided I wanted to learn the 95 Theses so I printed them all out and going to hang them up in the bathroom...
On Saturday, Becky and I went to the Library to study. I worked on econ with another econ student. And then Melanie called to invite us to dinner since we were parentless that evening. Of course we said we would come because we think the Halls are nice. Turns out the parents did end up getting home around then, so they came to dinner too. We ate food! And then we had dessert! But I don't want to talk about dessert, because dessert is associated with an awkward moment on my part...:( But then we went outside and ran around and played Hide-and-Seek...unsuccessfully.
Wednesday and Thursday were really bad days because I got really bad test results back. And I had to decide if I was going to keep going like this and almost certainly fail one or both of the classes I was struggling in, or drop one, or the other on, by Friday because Friday was the last day to drop a class.
And then on Friday I decided to drop a class, and was very traumatized, because it was the first time I ever had to do that. But after I dropped it, I was soooo relieved! :D
I am writing very spontaneously and out of order...But if you read this listening to music it can be better. It sounds better when I'm listening to music...listening to L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole right now..:D

No comments:

Post a Comment