Saturday, November 6, 2010

Trinity Teens

Last night was the first Trinity Teens gathering of the school year. We went to the Hawes in Quincy and had a blast. Sukey and I went with the Eiferts and sang our lungs out the whole way to I'm Yours, Sink or Swim, Baby (Bettye's request), Hey Soul Sister, Waka waka, Wine Red, The Lions Roar, etc. Some of my favorites. :D
We started off a little late because Gretha was having credit card issues, but the Bargers waited for us. Dad, Samuel, Thomas and Levi went in our car with Samuel driving...wonder how that went?
When we got there, we found a pile of kittens at the door! We all "ooed" and "aaed" (sp?) appropriately and picked them up. I haven't held a kitten in a long time, so I was surprised at how small and soft and warm they were...:)
We greeted the host's and headed out to the back yard and the bonfire. There we sat on bales of hay around the fire and sang psalms and listened to Mr. Hawes talk on contentment. There were three men, each with a different trial, all of whom thought that their neighbor's trial would be easier for them to bear, so the all switched. Within 24 hours, the were all back to their own trials. Everyone is equipped with the patience they need for their own trials. No wonder we have our trials instead of someone else's.
After the lesson, we had S'mores. I had burnt marshmallows though, because I don't like S'mores, and I couldn't brown it nicely this time. :(
We tried to play capture the flag, but I got tagged and sent to jail, so I went up in the tree house (which was right next to the jail) and hung out. Then Gretha came by and I called her up, and we had a very good heart-to-heart talk. The kind that are best had in the semi-darkness of night in a tree house.
Then we were interrupted and kicked out of the tree house by the general public and scurried over to the fire to mumble about our misfortunes to Kyle who was sitting there with the dogs. After a while we voted for him to tell us a scary story. As he sat staring into the fire, we audibly wondered what the story would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment